Dr. Souporni Paul completed her B.Arch from Jadavpur University, Kolkata (2008) and M.Arch in Landscape Design from the School of Planning and Architecture (2012).
She completed her Ph.D. from Jadavpur University (2022), Topic- An inquest into Urban Biodiversity and Landscape systems of Indian metropolitan cities: Studies on Kolkata. She has seventeen years of professional experience as a Landscape designer (2008- present); she has worked in Espace, Singal Associates, Maya Landscape, and Interiors. She joined Jadavpur University as a visiting faculty (2013-2016).
She joined GITAM School of Architecture as an assistant professor in JULY 2021, overseeing academic and administrative responsibilities.
- Biodiversity accounting of cities: A case study of Kolkata, India, Volume 226 of WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment, 815-826; doi 10.2495/SDP170711. (2017).
- Reinstating nature in a city with the help of biodiversity indicators: A Framework for a resilient Kolkata, Urban India 38(2), 115-135. (2018).
- Framework for Quantitative Assessment of Urban-Blue-and-Greenspaces in a High-density Megacity, International Review for Spatial Planning and Sustainable Development. (2022).
- Sustainable urban greening strategies for cities undergoing densification: A case of Kolkata, India. Arcasia – Architectural Research Journal. (2022).
- Landscapes to Eco-scapes: Prescriptive transitions for urban waterways for a sustainable megacity. Manuscript accepted. Urban Water Journal (Taylor & Francis publication, Scopus (Q1), UGC-Care listed Journal. (2022).
- Landscape Architecture
- Riverfront Development